A message from Wendy:
Want to share your experience with taiko?
We will make a compilation video of people from around the world sharing their varied experiences with taiko. This video will be available to the community and hopefully will first be shown at the 2021 European Taiko Expo where Powers of Taiko is a proposed discussion topic.
We would like to invite you to participate in this project by submitting a short video clip of your experiences with taiko. To better understand the project, please visit the questionnaire by clicking on the appropriate link for your language:
Bolded languages are finished.
The questionnaire aims to get at a variety of ways that taiko has empowered people, whether taiko is your main passion or something you have merely tried. We are interested in all kinds of changes, of great or smaller consequence.
We hope at the 2021 European Taiko Expo to use the video to generate conversations and also provide an evidence base for the manifold ways in which taiko is used and can affect change. It may also be used to promote the Powers of Taiko project. It may be left running at a booth at ETE to share with attendees and will be posted on a taiko site or social media.
If you have any questions, please contact: Wendy Jo Gertjejanssen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instructions for the video submissions:
- Submission should be no longer than three minutes.
- You may submit your video in Spanish, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Russian, French or English. We will add English subtitles.
- Submission should be in portrait format, not landscape.
- Locate yourself geographically and provide basic information about yourself and your relationship to taiko (if you took or are currently taking lessons, are in a group, are a taiko teacher, build taikos or sell taiko items, or in some other way have had taiko in your life).
- Then address a topic put forth in the Powers of Taiko questionnaire. In other words, describe how taiko has brought about change in your life, whether it be emotional, social, physical, musical or any other kind of change. Are other art forms similar in your life with their impact?
- Please check your recording to be sure the audio works, etc.
- Sign and submit the video release form: https://forms.gle/mqZiaZGyCk56GB6W6
- To submit, email email@example.com to receive a link for uploading.